- The backbone of a true democracy is a strong education system with an independent voice.
- Public funding of education is a leveller.
- Currently, choice is only available to those who can afford it.
- The strengthening of regional polytechnic options.
- Students should not be "crushed" by the burden of debt. Huge student loan debt causes unfair stress and mental health issues.
- If Study Link was abolished this would save the country $715 million per annum.
- The current system encourages the manipulation of numbers so that results look good. What we need is to deliver what is good for students, not numbers.
- We need to move from the current low trust model of education to a high trust model. One way of doing so is by getting politicians out of the classroom.
- As a society, we either believe in supporting tertiary education in this country or we don't.
I encourage you to listen to the interview. Ms Martin understands your concerns.