There is a huge benefit to not having interest accruing on your loan. Did you know that some overseas based borrowers are able to be treated as if they were New Zealand based? This means that they get the benefit of no interest even though they live overseas. If any of the following situations applies to you, you may be eligible to be treated as being New Zealand based even though you live overseas:
- You are working overseas for the New Zealand government.
- You are working overseas as a volunteer, or for token payment, for a charity.
- The reason why you are overseas is because of an unexpected delay or an unplanned personal absence.
- You have to be overseas because of your employment or occupation.
- You are overseas because you have accompanied your spouse, civil union partner, or de facto partner overseas.
- You are studying overseas.
- You are living in Niue, the Cook Islands, Tokelau, or the Ross Dependency.
We can advise you on whether you might be eligible to apply for zero interest and we can also make the formal application for you so that you increase the likeligood of success. Please contact us if you have any questions.